Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted regulate and inspect schools and colleges to seek improvement in the service. They carry out large number of inspections and regulatory visits in England and publish their finding on their website. You can view our Ofsted report on their website or view the PDF below:
Here are some of the things Ofsted said about our school:
- Inspectors agree with staff when they say that Beechdale Nursery School is a truly magical place for children to learn and grow.
- Children are safe and happy as they enthusiastically explore the stimulating learning environment and the appealing activities on offer. Adults at Beechdale know children and their families well, always ensuring best interests and welfare are staff’s priority.
- The exceptional relationships that exist in this school create a warm and secure atmosphere where all excel.
- Whatever their starting points, children are exceptionally well supported in their learning and play by staff who are experts in understanding the needs of young children.
- Behaviour is exemplary. Children concentrate deeply, engaging and persevering with activities well. They are delighted to learn new knowledge or to further develop their skills, clapping their hands in joy. Children form strong friendships.
- The curriculum is expertly designed by leaders who have a thorough knowledge of the early years curriculum and pedagogy.
- Children with SEND are very well supported. Children’s needs are identified swiftly and with accuracy. Detailed plans are devised to support the learning and development of these children. They promote solid and manageable improvement. As a result, children with SEND make strong progress.
- All staff at Beechdale Nursery School firmly believe that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Leaders are passionate and dedicated advocates for vulnerable children and their families. Leaders ensure that relationships with families are strong, professional and supportive.